[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extreme South Discussion Thread

Extreme South Discussion Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extreme South Discussion Thread

Postby berpdreyfuss on Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:25 am

Thanks for the tips! I am going for purist at the moment but maybe I will later try it with preps. Though it always feels a little bit wrong to me.
berpdreyfuss

Postby Unidentified Tower on Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:22 pm

Skilled players on this board: "I bet if I try really hard I can do everything Purist, preps feel like cheating"

Me: "I bet if I try really hard I can do everything without prepping Elite Items for Yendor and a Translocation Seal to steal it"

Also my advice is make a beeline for the secret subdungeon. A Good Glenrick kill at level 1 will get you to near the end of level 3, and the bosses won't gain any stats since he's on a different dungeon level so they won't "see" him die.
Unidentified Tower

Postby Nurator on Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:36 pm

Man I must just say: Disposable blows my mind! I have so much fun clearing all of the normal and hard dungeons and Gaan Telet was just AMAZING!

Really looking forward to getting crushed by the vicious ones now :D
Nurator

Postby TigerKnee on Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:24 pm

Long time no see.

What are some tips you guys think would be helpful for playing the new classes? The wiki for EE mode is a bit underdeveloped in this department compared to the standard game's, I'm afraid.
TigerKnee

Postby Nurator on Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:35 pm

Play the class challenges to get a feel for them. They are designed pretty well around the strengths and weaknesses of each class :)

And by the way, the Southern Logistical challenges are NUTS! I have no idea how to defeat Ick Swamp or Slime Pit, and I am really scared of Naga City :D Any ideas?
Nurator

Postby Nurator on Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:57 pm

And Ick Swamp is done. MAN, that was buttclench the whole run!
Nurator

Postby srid on Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:26 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby srid on Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:09 am

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby Nurator on Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:25 pm

In the meantime I got it done :)

The broken floor got me by surprise, I thought I had to kill the bosses at around lvl 4 and if they fall down I lose.
Anyway, the first time I fell down I killed them both with resourcefulness play and without any left at the end :D

Now the only hard one missing is Cursed Oasis, but I had no real attempt on it yet, so please dont spoil it ;-)

By the way, the Spirit Heart in Disposable Shifting Passages does not seem to work properly. The tooltip states it should affect your fireball damage but it doesnt do that. And the wording is in a way, that I cant even say if it should be higher or lower :D
Nurator

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:20 pm

TigerKnee

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons