[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby Tinker on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:44 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby eastless on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:22 pm

eastless

Postby William on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:14 pm

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby William on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:16 pm

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby eastless on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:41 pm

Did Hoarder on Dragon Isles. Now only Miser left.
Why does she always hiding?
Mystera, don't be shy, I want to serve you!
Can't cast WONAFYT. No way to use bloodpools also.
Oops. I did it wrong! Not on stairs!
Next WONAFYT teleported L9 dragon, and I started to thinking... I had a lot of blackspace left upstairs, but how to get there now?
Ahh, nevermind. ;)
eastless

Postby William on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:18 pm

I don't think I would have gotten Purist with any other class.

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby eastless on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:19 am

Finally beated VGT with Purist Orc Rogue! Thanks to http://rule0.com/DesktopDungeons/VgtTracker.html and lucky RNG I did it at first try! At first try with using tracker I mean, sure I did ~dozen attempts before, couple to 7-8 floors, others not so far.

From the start: Nom Nom and Dwarven Gauntlets.
The hardest part was fighting without fireball until 4 (?) floor, on the other hand I got GETINDARE and BYSSEPS soon, as acquired Compression Seal at floor 2 (!). So Dragon Elite at floor 2, and then Illusion and I believe Grim Malus on floor 3, means I suffered alll the curses already, while I had no escape from GG, so his lovely curse wipe was just fine. Then I got Golden Statue at floor 5 (?), cleansed some of his debuffs, and finally on floor 6 (!) met Taurog, managed my peity with +36 (!) on level up to 100 so converted to him but then realized that I don't need both of his resist items, just armor. So I took it and converted to Dracul on the next floor. And 8 floor was First Strike with Dancing Sword, and last floor No Exp (though there was Cracked Amulet, so it wasn't really 'No Exp', ha-ha, but still I just converted it on spot). I believe this two are not really good for rogue especially so lately, but it doesn't felt like challenge at all, with all my already gotten resists, damage, health, 18 mana, 1 shot of lifesteal and no punishment for spellcasting. And one awesome thing - I got no Bloodless floor! It means more bloodpools. (And one more No Misfortune floor!)
So I didn't even use Pactmaker, desecrated only Earth Mother, forgot about some black tiles on last floor, had couple of potions and 25 (!) bloodpools left, as well as 76 piety and Yang's Sword when I killed Horatio. Am I so good or it was just so lucky? I don't know. :)
(But yeah, I got like 20 dodges on Horatio :lol: )
So now I'm officialy taking Orc Rogue portrait as my avatar. ;)
Last edited by eastless on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eastless

Postby Tinker on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:04 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby sitnaltax on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:30 pm

Congrats!

Dodging--against anyone, but H in particular--when you have lifesteal is the best feeling. Not only do you deal damage, but you regain health too!

Slow and Inadequate is Rogue's hardest floor--as Bloodless is for Vampires. In both cases I think they want that floor to come as early as possible, before the difficulty gets out of hand, so in that regard you had bad luck on this run. For No XP, I think any time after you ding 10 is fine but the later the better. If Floor 2 is No XP, that can be run killing, because then you're level 6 or barely 7 going against level 10 monsters on Floor 3.
sitnaltax

Postby William on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:38 pm

"Because Goatperson"
William

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons