[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby William on Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:39 pm

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby berpdreyfuss on Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:18 pm

Yes, I did nearly all of them in the beta and I am preparing for the worst :)
berpdreyfuss

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:30 pm

~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby William on Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:40 pm

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby Blovski on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:57 pm

Very satisfying PQI - Halfling Assassin, Unstoppable, Naga City. Ended up doing it with plain TT, poison strike, 2 levels of learning, various dodge potions, able to buy back piety as I went to make up for the regen fighting. Dwarven Gauntlets, Troll Heart and Patches made for not too shabby late game stats, especially given I have eight potions worth of stuff hanging around there.

Blovski

Postby Rob1221 on Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:17 pm

I finished all badges (but not classes) in Namtar's Lair and Dragon Isles, which leaves Demonic Library and VGT as the only dungeons with badges left. The one that took me the most attempts was purist in Namtar's Lair which I eventually completed with a berserker who stuck with TT the entire dungeon.
Rob1221

Postby Tinker on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:37 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Tinker on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:33 pm

So here's one of the trickier badges from VGT, Hoarder:

It took me a few tries, but honestly mostly because I silly-converted stuff on sight and screwed the badge. Hoarder is one of the hardest badges to keep in mind, it's so easy to just walk over something and convert it... :oops:

I really-really loved how the inventory space limitation made me think real hard about what to pick up! (Actually, this is mainly the reason why I went with the Paladin over one of the other Hoarder candidates, Tinker and Wizard.) So what was the only glyph I picked up during the run? That's right - LEMMISI.

In case you're wondering, Earthmother prep is because I wanted to pull off what I've read in one of the old VGT posts, i.e. desecrate her altar twice... But I could only do it after killing Horatio because I totally forgot about it, and drank my Burn Salve after the Golden Statue... But I can confirm, it works - and to boot, the second desecration doesn't even give the punishment.
Tinker

Postby William on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:06 am

Nothing really to brag about, but it was hectic fun. Too bad I used one more attack than the number of enemies present.
"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby Tinker on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:43 am

Tinker

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons