[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby William on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:51 pm

On the topic of the Tinker class, do you think it is possible to complete Venture Cave or Den of Danger with 10 badges in one run using a Tinker?
"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:19 pm

This, not really brag-worthy (got it on 1 try, was planning to see if I could grab some badges):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=509345602

But seriously, except for Hoarder and Purist, Vampire is capable of getting all the other badges. With the above run, I could have easily nailed Miser (should be fine without the Vampire Blade and Fine Sword) and probably also Cheeky. Or, Vicious Token (if I have prepped it).

And, I got 5 "swords" on 1 character, just a cool thing I noticed from the Earnings section, :)

This on the other hand felt much harder, I think I reset at least 10+ times before everything came together for the victory run:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=508432534

[Btw: how do you guys make images show up, I use the Img tag, but it's just a small unclickable "thumbnail" image icon all the time]
[Just noticed that the Bridge Troll is missing from my VGT results screen cap, that's weird, I definitely did kill it]
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby eastless on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:25 pm

I know, Vampire, VT VGT, nothing special, but still - it was terrifying. Hardly beated Bloodless second floor, continued like on thin ice, using all exploration and bloodpools. Late cursing Dragon became huge problem, since I had no more popcorn. Finally reached Horatio and he almost made it, I could only level up and use Yang's sword.
eastless

Postby eastless on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:19 am

Too easy.
eastless

Postby William on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:54 pm

I messed around with the Half-dragon. I am pretty sure an 11 badges run is doable too. It will just require a LOT of luck with placement of mobs and the right subdungeon.

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby eastless on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:45 pm

eastless

Postby William on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:13 pm

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby eastless on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:18 pm

I'm always taking these two free seals. Don't really like the other stuff.
eastless

Postby Tinker on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:37 pm

Oh wow, really nice high-level badges! Congrats!

Also, nice 10-badge with the Dragon! I think that 11-badges will be difficult, because the monsters are significantly tougher (the Vicious Token's +60%/+100 means that monsters have stats corresponding to, roughly, 2-level higher monsters!! So cheeky... Killing an L2 under VT is like killing an L3/4 under no VT... Which is hard without worship/spells/converting/etc.). So, in turn, you'll also run the risk of not being able to consistently go for higher-level kills, and miss out on the XP for L10 (Ding!Max!). That said, VT + 7-9 badges (all but, at least one of: Faithless / Hoarder / Warmonger) is probably doable.
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby eastless on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:07 pm

Just like Rob1221 did (http://i.imgur.com/3y4qBon.jpg).
eastless

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons