[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby Tinker on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:21 pm

Ok, so I wanted to do something spectacular today because Hexx lit up and I didn't want to just go in and do my thing in a boring way. I was gambling a bit on finding some random stuff to facilitate a stunt, of course none spawned. So it's just a lame L1 bosskill (I accidentally killed another monster before, and I deliberately killed one monster between the bosses, but I fully wanted to make it a "bosses only" club).

I was hoping either CYDSTEPP or PISORF would spawn (ofc neither did). My strat would have used JJ to boost mana to the sky (I did boost it till 22), but without glyphs to make it useful I was just teleporting stuff.

Anyway, even without these glyphs you can do a reliable L1 with the Rat, just aggressively pre-converting stuff and using the Quicksilver + Reflex to afflict the first boss with cca. 20+ stacks, which makes fireballing it down trivial. I really wanted to have a knockback angle going to kill Stheno, and I did do that part right, but the first boss was such a wimp that he fell well before Stheno was seriously damaged, so I had to use some of the meatmen and other monsters to help out.

(btw time is silly I forgot about the game and went to watch Captain America, I was so sad for Steve missing his date... :cry: )
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Tinker on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:19 pm

I've been toying around with Rat and I noticed another way to kill two bosses at the same time. Knockback damage seems to get applied before burn stacks pop. So if the second boss has less health than the Corrosion stacks on the first boss, you can just cast fireball on it (just for the burn stack), then kill the first boss and the knockback damage will bring the second boss down to 1 Health, then the burn stack will kill it.

EDIT: For example:

Since I chanced upon IMAWAL, I also wanted to see how bonus XP works, but unfortunately it only boosts the first kill's XP, not the second. So the two bosses killed at the same time under "bonus XP" effect only net 210 XP (84*1.5 for the first, and unmodified 84 for the second). Still, 8 level-ups are kinda cool 8-)
Tinker

Postby dislekcia on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:52 pm

Whoa.

That's a surprise - they both die before xp gets granted.
dislekcia

Postby Nurator on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:02 am

Thats totally awesome oO I wonder if you can get to level 10... maybe with TT learning buff? Or with martyr wraps on a warrior? :D
Nurator

Postby Blovski on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:52 pm

Filling out Demonic Library... I did not realise a Halfling Priest would be quite so easy. JJ for 3 health and 1 mana boost, Dwarven Gauntlets as prep (Sword rather than Bear Mace). Could probably have wrangled a fourth health boost since I didn't even use Chaos Avatar until the Avatar at post-level 10, whom I could take 3-4 hits from per potion. Had probably ten potions of stuff left over, with 125 gold and a keg out on the map.
Blovski

Postby Tinker on Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:24 pm

Tinker

Postby dislekcia on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:51 pm

dislekcia

Postby Tinker on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:07 pm

Ok, so I probably misunderstood what you wrote. Reading back your previous comment, maybe what you find surprising is that there is no level-up between the deaths, which would result in the second boss giving a lower amount of bonus XP?

Anyway - they are both 1st level kills, so I guess the hero does deserve that bit of extra XP! :)
Tinker

Postby Blovski on Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:01 am

Blovski

Postby Tinker on Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:08 am

Tinker

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons