[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby eastless on Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:56 pm

He-he, Parched Purist! What is more, regular sub was the one where you're getting 4 extra potions for killing warlocks with wand. :) And the secret sub - more gold, this gold means nothing in Library, I carried out like 150? Easy leveling with Earth Mother, (I was accidentaly locked down by damn plants in corner behind this L3 Doom Armor... Luckily there was Earth Mother's altar and I managed to kill him with remaining blackspace and piety, just enough of them :D ) easy boss fight under Dracul... leaving both L9 alone. :D Damn Succubes with Weakening!
eastless

Postby Tinker on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:03 pm

So here's a fun run, not particularly brag-worthy, but really enjoyable:

I decided to go "by the book" and finally do a Warmonger run with Taurog, given how I pretty much always go Dracul or GG normally. It was remarkably enjoyable, despite the res stacking I went with (which I don't really like). Quest Items backfired a bit, because I forgot that I had reset my veto slots to my usual bunch, so I got a lot of caster items! :lol: Anyway, CP fodder is CP fodder, regardless of what's otherwise written on it.
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby eastless on Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:37 pm

Congrats! What is this picture right after Taurog's worship? And those 4 wierd yellow-orange... faces? Unstoppable Fury?
And how did you deal with Goo and Tormented? And what pact it was?
eastless

Postby Tinker on Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:54 pm

Tinker

Postby eastless on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:05 pm

No. I won't stop.
It was PQI exactly for this badge, but if you choose PQI it skips prep sreen so. Pretty unusual build for me, transmuting Healthmonster. :) Quite fun.

By the way, few days ago I was wondering about how much health could be acquared? I mean possible maximum? Is 500 health doable?
eastless

Postby eastless on Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:00 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is my first ever lose to him and probably my best lose ever. I've accidentaly killed third form at zero piety, got punished, and so on... Forms 4 and 5 was spellcasting regenfighted, but this guy has Retaliate! Damn! :lol:
Though even without Retaliate, I couldn't cast another fireball or land finishing blow on him...
Just decided to get third shot of Tithe before descend... :D It was Purist Bloodmage with Zombie Gold near entrance stairs and Mystera and Battlemage Ring, literally a free win, but that stupid mistake... :lol:
eastless

Postby Tinker on Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:04 pm

Thank you, PQI! Purist Gnome Priest on Demonic Library:

The only word that comes to my mind is "overkill". A lucky early JJ find, plus all his favorite glyphs on board, helped a *lot* (had 258 Health and 27 Mana by the end...). I fought the Demon Lords in parallel just because I had so huge bars that I didn't want to waste level-up refills against fighting just one of them... ;) When Avatar went down I kept going for a bit more just for fun's sake. Could've gone on for even longer, had some potions & items still in inventory, but I've decided to spare the rest, and just call it a day.
Tinker

Postby eastless on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:19 pm

Wraiths in Namtar's Lair? That's wierd.

Edit: Met Meatmen at another try. Very wierd.

Pretty easy.
eastless

Postby eastless on Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:44 pm

So it goes.
I'm really awesome, beating this vicious stuff in 20-25 mins, Purist or not, whatever, it's just depends on RNG sometimes, either you got good setup to leverage, monsters to level up, tools to kill the bosses, either sometimes you don't...

In the few last runs I've met unusual monsters for Namtar's Lair often: Wraith, Meatman, Dragon Spawn, Serpent, Golem... This is very wierd, looks like they're adding to roster when dungeon is near completion?...
eastless

Postby sitnaltax on Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:52 am

Finally got Goat on VGT. Only Rat on VGT remains--wish me luck.

I had a pretty difficult time with this one since I'm not particularly strong with gods in general and Goats in particular. I lost quite a few early on due to forgetting to check the new god when I gained a level and getting some horrible consequence. This run went pretty well (Soul Orb, GETINDARE)... except on Floor 8, I dinged, switched to GG, and one of the two misfortunes remaining was No XP. Sure enough, Floor 9 was No XP, which meant that suddenly using bloodpools was much more difficult than usual. However, converting junk and food for the final spike kept me able to get away with drinking enough blood for the win.

It's kind of neat how the food gimmick, which is usually a bane for Goats, works well with the restricted blackspace in VGT, the excess giving you both piety and CP.

Of minor note: I never ran into JJ this run. Can't really complain, since health potions were in short supply anyway with no other poison cure.
sitnaltax

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons