[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Desktop Dungeons Test Build

Desktop Dungeons Test Build

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Desktop Dungeons Test Build

Postby berpdreyfuss on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:56 pm

berpdreyfuss

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:02 pm

I think we might be getting more classess than those two, though. There's a whole row in the bottom that looks like it could fit classess in it.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:46 pm

Ok, something weird just happened. Now, Piety tab is gone so I cannot verify, but Mystera just punished me when I killed the wraith boss, and I had more than 10 piety left, I have no Pact, so either she took more than 5 or somehow my Piety got wiped before the kill... EDIT: was there any tweak to how Mystera punishes mana burn?

Another one (not sure if bug or undocumented feature): casting BYSSEPS with my chemist also gives her +1 base damage.

i.e. I have 40/-15%; I cast BYSSEPS once to get 41/+15%; after next casting I have 42/+45%; then 43/+75%.

By the way, female elven Chemist is really cute! 8-)
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby lieronet on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:17 pm

Holy crap you can buy T3 potions now awesome.

Is it just me, or is the game running at 60 FPS now? It's been a few weeks since I played, but things look much smoother now.

I miss the old CTRL gods interface, that was nice.

Boy, I sure wish I'd realized that the little text box that pops up before starting a daily is your display name >_< BONERS says hi!

As has been mentioned before, the leaderboards aren't displaying my preps correctly.
Last edited by lieronet on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lieronet

Postby Tinker on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:27 pm

Tinker

Postby Darvin on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:34 pm

Will be several hours before I can give this a whirl. Until then: awesome 8-)
Darvin

Postby The Tapir on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:34 pm

Just got to testing out the Chemist now. I'm liking the stacking BYSSEPS, though haven't yet tried out the potion effects. I guess I'll update that when need be.

Also, I'm liking the new format for gods and boons. It just feels more intuitive and polished. Awesome work.

EDIT: I seem to be getting additional base damage when casting BYSSEPS as a chemist. Not entirely sure if this is intended, given that it seems to fit the class, but can anyone else confirm this?
EDIT 2: This seems to be temporary base damage though, as I just noticed that it gets removed after bysseps goes away.
Last edited by The Tapir on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Tapir

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:39 pm

Mystera punishes kiling undead and manaburn for how much mana you had burned. So if you have 10 mana and killed the wrait, it'd dock you for 15 if I'm not much mistaken.

The Byceps thing is Chemist only.

So it's:

- Graphical & engine (?) improvement (they did say they rewrote a ton of stuff)
- Chemist
- Dailies
- Rat Monarch teaser (unless someone finds the unlock, but if it's a teaser I think there potential for some really nice things yet in the works on several fronts :) )

EDIT: What I mean is if the Rat is the missing Demonic Library monster class, then we might finally see ratlings integrated properly and stuff. There's also room for 4 more classes besides those two, fingers crossed ^^
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Astral on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:50 pm

I'm really loving the Elf Chemist. They have awesome interaction with Strength potions.
And it's nice how punishments are more visible, you're not going to miss these effects.

Does the game 'crashes' for you when you click on the adventurer's portrait too?
Also, am I the only one who experiences glyph and item tooltips getting stuck in the middle of a fight?
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Tinker on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:55 pm

Tinker

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons