Desktop Dungeons Test Build

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Desktop Dungeons Test Build

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:05 pm

^ Well, old B2P used to work that way, it removed your health regen and had you regen mana. Not sure if we've seen the reverse, but it's bound to be fine on warmonger / resist stacking types.

And yeah, the interatction between Chemists and STR potions in general is much appreciated. A bunch of my subdungeon suggestions have all been about STR potions and Byceps ^^ They're Great with Schadenfraude, too.
Last edited by Lujo on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby lieronet on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:05 pm

Clicking on the Codex tabs when something is marked new doesn't immediately bring you to the first new entry anymore.

Also, it lags like crazy.

@Tinker: You don't have those sweet sweet monk resists, but your normal base damage means you're a killer Binlor worshipper. You get the resists you need through Stoneskin spam, then just murder everything.

When I went to change kingdom, the music disappeared. Entering a dungeon fixed it.
lieronet

Postby harfatum on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:13 pm

Logged in, it said I had to log in again so I did. Then I picked Elf Chemist and prepped Shield and went into (I think) the first ice level.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby Astral on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:16 pm

It only looks like the poor man's Monk. It has no damage penalty, so an Orc/Human can become truly kickass. And don't forget, a monk comes with his drawbacks and is stuck at being a Monk, the Chemist can change between the 2 (3 with base) forms multiple times at will.

Just imagine starting out at TT with the manaform Chemist, constantly striking down higher foes, purchasing a lot of poison strike and going 'venomonk' under your next god. Has to be fun.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby The Tapir on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:17 pm

More of a minor bug, but while attempting to use IMAWALL in the Cursed Oasis on one of the plants in the cursed realm shows the combat result as death. Using IMAWALL still works normally, though.
The Tapir

Postby Astral on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Similarly, if you try to fireball a mushroom/blue plant you get a 'safe' msg, though you can't do it.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:34 pm

Oh, and on top of any cheeze, well, lots of people did ask for more health regen features, this guy is basically the most ideal dwarf class there ever was.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby lieronet on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Man, Elf Chemist is hilarious. Took her into the Labyrinth with Mystera, scored a lucky Crystal Ball, and burned everything to cinders. Regenfighting with fireballs is awesome. Killing Iron Man with fireballs is even cooler. There's gotta be some shenanigans somewhere involving Avatar's Codex, but I'm not clever enough to see it.
lieronet

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:53 pm

Took a quick spin (can't justify much more during a coffee break ). Pre-transformation Chemist feels a lot like a Warlord in some ways. She wants to stockpile precast BYCEPS and then recharge, effectively bringing two bars' worth of mana to each fight, just like Warlord. I was expecting to be underwhelmed by the potion transformations, but holy cow they're permanent, and only go away when you replace them with another potion effect.

This might be my new go-to for Warmonger runs. You get a Monk's regen, but without the damage penalty. You don't get the resistances, but you're also not screwed by magic users anymore. The starter glyph means more Taurog piety and more Orc damage right from the start.

The mana version could be very interesting with an acid caster approach. It's also really great for worshippers of Mystera, Binlor, Jehora, whose piety generation is mostly limited by mana.
Sidestepper

Postby caviar on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:02 pm

There's some funky stuff going on with combat prediction and WHEYTWUT. When I cast the glyph using the hotkey T whilst hovering my mouse over a snake (indicating WIN, POISON), and then hover over other targets within the same glyph "activation", the combat prediction shows WIN, POISON for all of them. When I activate WHEYTWUT by clicking it in my inventory, combat prediction shows "N/A" for all enemies. Effects apply as they normally should in both cases, however.
caviar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons