Desktop Dungeons Test Build

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Desktop Dungeons Test Build

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:15 pm

Maybe a bug, maybe not. I've got a Chemist in healthform that is only getting 4 HP from his health potions, instead of the expected 28. Is this an undocumented effect of healthform, or a bug? I have screen shots if needed.
Sidestepper

Postby flap on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:20 pm

Health and Mana potion give a very limited boost. Hey, that class had to have some limitations to not be insanely overpowered ! (Is it ?)

EDIT : It is fun to see how veteran players are literally jumping on the beta to tear it appart, like famished hyena. Are we missing this much the old beta time ?
flap

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:38 pm

^ Oh, yeah :) Weekly updates, the exploit cribsheet, stuff.

Yet, well, I'm more curious about the Rat Person and potential stuff to come, I just did the daily and a test run with a Dwarf Chemist. The bycepss thing was something someone suggested a long time ago when we were collectively kinda annoyed at how the Warlord was a caster and didn't feel much like a fighter class, I'm glad it found it's way into the game. Auto-alchemist is cool (gotta see if you can buy more than one special potion) and the different modes thing is... well, the mana part we've seen allready, and the health thing is obviously OP but it allows for a bunch of stuff that couldn't have been done for a long time (like really easy poison strike farming and stuff).

Looks fun and possibly a bit on the powerful side, but I don't feel like jumping in on it untill I know what his unlock condition is supposed to be. Seeing the abilities I can't tell what I'm supposed to test XD Isn't underpowered, thatsfersure.

The daily didn't wow me, yet. I'm sure it'll be cool and interesting and fun, but I kinda whish we had this back in the beta, looks like a really useful thing when testing balance of various stuff. Better late than never, though ^^

EDIT: Nope, you can't buy a more than one special potion it seems. Did a run with a goblin. Was strange. I'm too much into potion spiking, I'll need to adjust to this guy, but he looks playable. Not entirely sure what the auto alchemist is there for yet, except that the ability has a cool name and that it allows for at least one STR and Schadenfraude guaranteed on purist runs. And if stacked with the regular alchemist, assuming they stack, sort of a debuff imunity.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:12 pm

BUG: Venture Cave (at least) seems to be stuck on the Goblin itch subdungeon.

No, sorry, I was just running goblins in there four times in a row.

---

Tried the elf, yep, killed that Iron Man right dead. :lol:
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby lieronet on Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:14 pm

Auto alchemist does indeed stack with regular alchemist. I think it's there mostly for the emergency form swap if you've already used all your pots.
lieronet

Postby caviar on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:33 pm

Probably not even a bug, if not I'd at least like to request the feature: Individual Pactmaker boon icons for the event log. Consensus shows up fine, but the rest are just the same ol' pictures of the altar.
caviar

Postby Tinker on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:49 pm

Explorer's Guild classes don't always show up on the selector screen. When sorted they may or may not show up (about 50-50 for me), when unsorted they never show up.
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby flap on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:31 pm

There are new subdungeons ! Or I least, I have found the depleted glyph, which I had never seen before.

Bugs :
the depleted glyph did no show in my codex
My unity player took to much memory in firefox, and it froze it. (I am using a simple netbook)
flap

Postby Tinker on Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:57 am

Day 2 preps also show garbled up. Now none of the preps visible on the leaderboard actually match what I chose...
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby CoolBoy on Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:42 am

I just found out about the test build. Then I played it loading up an old, barely started online account from two years ago. Dabbling a little with the Chemist all I can say is, "What the heck are you trying to do?! Make me become obsessed with DD all over again?" :)

P.S. I'm not sure if the new in-map God boon descriptions are there to stay (intended only for mobile?), but they work quite well (and this is coming from a guy that usually hates change of any kind).
CoolBoy

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons