[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:50 am

Wow, my first time as a half-dragon today. This was so easy, Dracul present, and 2 subdungeons with tons of gold.
I think my knockback at the end was 160% or so.
AvovA17

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:52 pm

Meanwhile, I died a silly death to Retaliate Fireball from prepped Avatar's Codex. Haiz...

Me and my "bad habits" (trying to not waste mana and health even though I already scouted and there's no MA).

Back to Zero!
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby AvovA17 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:07 am

Noooooo, goat today... any hints?
AvovA17

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:13 am

~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby AvovA17 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:09 pm

I have only done 2 normal dungeons with the goat so far.

Bosses seem hard, one fat, and one high resist, so it seems I will need to preserve my potions.
But the monsters there do corrosion/weakening/mana burn/curse/poisoning, scary.

I tried doing some purist practice runs, I can never find enough monsters to kill to reach high levels.
AvovA17

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:55 pm

~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby AvovA17 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:58 pm

Ouch, I was going to kill the final boss, but I misclicked and died :( With the right click-attack too. 1sec brainfart after a 1 hour session.

You were right, it was not that hard. GG helped to clean ailments, and there was a balanced dagger.

I am AvovA in the game.
AvovA17

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:52 pm

Oops, happens sometimes.

Historically, there aren't that many "impossible" dailies. There might have been 1 or 2 that required certain preps (like a God or something to break walls, etc.). And a few of them were just simply "too hard" due to a bad combination of map (the difficulty of the dungeon as well as layout) and character (usually monster classes are harder, notably GoatPerson, Rat Monarch and Vampire, I would think Gorgon and Half-Dragon are still somewhat easier).

GoatPerson is hard simply because of the "randomness", sometimes you start with an awful god (like TT or even JJ, etc.), and sometimes the map is just too spacious and exploring in a wrong direction spells doom.

Nice talking to you, always like it when sharing game experiences with others. The daily forum used to be quite active in the past, nowadays it's just a few stray posts here and there, not much of any "discussion" going on.
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby AvovA17 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:25 am

Lol, what is wrong with the dailies RNG? :)
My 9th daily only, I have already played gorgon, half-dragon, rat, goat, and now a vampire?

I haven't even unlocked any of them except for the goat.
AvovA17

Postby Vemb on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:56 pm

Vemb

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons