[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby FuscaBat on Thu May 02, 2019 2:08 am

The Grimm's Grotto layout yesterday was a friendly one, and WEYTWUT spawned close to the start anyway. However, I looked a few pages back on this thread and read that Grimm's Grotto on December 8th had a layout that was unwinnable for the unprepared. Strangely, that Grimm's Grotto also involved elf bloodmage!
FuscaBat

Postby FuscaBat on Fri May 03, 2019 1:59 am

Gorgon in Den of Danger

Prepped a bear mace, found Binlor and another bear mace. Feels great to have more than double the attack power of a typical gorgon!
FuscaBat

Postby William on Tue May 07, 2019 7:50 am

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby FuscaBat on Thu May 09, 2019 1:22 am

Gorgon in Shifting Passages

I was really lucky I picked up an extra mana potion before getting myself trapped between new walls and statues. I'm glad to have made it out alive, but I'll need to be more careful next time!
FuscaBat

Postby William on Fri May 10, 2019 6:31 am

Another Grimm's Grotto, this time with a Goatperson.
"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby FuscaBat on Sun May 19, 2019 1:11 am

Dwarf Assassin in Ick Swamp

Ick Swamp makes me very nervous on dailies. I'd hate to end a win steak by attacking a barbing bush...
FuscaBat

Postby FuscaBat on Tue May 21, 2019 1:03 am

Vampire in Halls of Steel

This is one of the very rare cases where Patches is safe to take in a daily; The vampire does not fear poison or mana burn, and transmutation seal/slayer wand are escape mechanisms in case of teleportation.

I expect this will be the only time I ever take patches into a daily dungeon!
FuscaBat

Postby FuscaBat on Fri May 31, 2019 12:49 am

Halfling Transmuter in Creeplight Ruins

I finished the dungeon with 21 health potions in my inventory, and it is possible to get quite a bit more than that. Here are some ways to get lots of health potions:

Inner focus: If you try to cast as many spells as possible, I reckon you can get up to 6 health potions just from all the +3 CP's
Extra Glyphs AND Fewer Glyphs: Each glyph is worth 130 CP. Including the transmuter's LEMMISI, that's 780 CP. Almost 10 more health potions!
Gloves of Midas: If you grab these early, you can buy some conversion fodder. Agnostic collar is available as a prep, so that's another 50 CP. So if you convert mana potions as well, I think you can get another 3 health potions from non-glyph conversions.
Brandonnn: 3 health potions
Keg o' Health: 3 potions
Adventuring Kit + Potion Spawns + Potion Shop: 5 more health potions

So it looks like it's possible to leave the dungeon with a whopping 30 health potions! I wonder if anyone is up to the challenge...
FuscaBat

Postby srid on Fri May 31, 2019 12:44 pm

Challenge accepted... and failed. I managed to get 29!!!

https://imgur.com/a/wlciNff

I also took PM's pact to get +15 CP per conversion, but I used all my mana potions, sometimes carelessly,
and should have converted to JJ to get Chaos Avatar for more CP.
It's definitely possible to reach 30 today, though.

I also recorded a video, I figure it would interest quinton77 to see how I played Transmuter.
I'm on 4G now so I won't upload it today. And it won't be the best teaching material either, as I got quite sloppy,
but at least it demonstrates how to get good kills with Spirit Sword.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby FuscaBat on Fri May 31, 2019 5:25 pm

After spending 100 piety on Brandonnn, I don't think all three of refreshment, spirit pact and chaos avatar are affordable. Spirit pact (<30 piety per potion) is much greater value than Chaos avatar (64 piety per potion), plus consensus can fuel spirit pact for 150 free CP. Refreshment seems necessary for defeating the boss without drinking potions. So I think chaos avatar is out of the question.

But yeah, I completely forgot about spirit pact in my previous post! This should give much more leeway with inner focus, as now you would only need to farm less than 300 CP, which is really easy since you need to focus on piety farming with Mystera anyway. This lets you use more expensive and useful spells liberally. Compare this to needing about 400 inner focus CP with chaos avatar instead of spirit pact: You would need to use LEMMISI whenever you don't have max MP, and I don't think it's possible to win that way.

Congratulations on 29 potions; Keen for the video!
FuscaBat

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons