[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-purpose thread of secret shame!

General-purpose thread of secret shame!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-purpose thread of secret shame!

Postby Zazzlegut on Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:55 am

Playing the gods well has been the hardest thing for me to do, so far. I consider myself a midlevel player at best, at this point. I'm amazed at what the more experienced players can do with them.
That said, my biggest screw up god is GG. I can get by with most of the others okay (and love Drac) but the GG road always seems to lead me to punishment city.
Zazzlegut

Postby vipris on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:00 pm

Retaliate fireball
It gets me all the time, always makes me feel stupid

Runner up : forgetting i bought something that slows you down, like the armor or the big sword. It really happens more to me then it should
vipris

Postby eastless on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:28 pm

"Okay, I leveled up, Namtar 1 and 2 down, no more need BLUDTUPOWA... Oh, wait... Third form..." Such a stupid mistake.
eastless

Postby Tinker on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:04 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby eastless on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:41 pm

Thank you! :)
Yeah, I know everything about secret subs. ;)
eastless

Postby vipris on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:45 pm

I've seen people on these forums praising the bludtopowa glyph but i personally always convert that one on sight. i don't really get it, if you just uncover 3 tiles the 'normal' way then you also get 3 mana and you actually gain health instead of losing it instead?

i know the monsters don't heal when you use bludtopowa but it still doesn't seem worth it to me, i'm probably missing something there.
vipris

Postby Lujo on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:05 pm

Spellcasting lets you fight stuff without using your health, right? This lets you use your health to spellcast which significantly incerasing the ammount of fireballs/pissorffs you can cast per full pool. This ussually translates to being able to blow up stuff quite a bit above your level, use healing potions / abilities as a part of spellcasting scheme etc.

But the really silly part is when you buff your health at early levels because of math. B2P activation price is fixed and related to your character level, but most health restoring things are percentage based. The ammount of chanied casts you can get is hard to believe.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby MTaur on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:09 pm

MTaur

Postby Lujo on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:47 pm

It's only not a geat find if you're very determined to not instantly drop whaver you were doing and go nuke down a boss or several. Or if you find it with not enough blackspace left. Any Halfling or Goblin (and also most Dwarves) that run into that thing can go nuts just off of it most of the time. So can Elves and Gnomes because it adds their health value/restores to their allready significant spellcasing ability. Orc love it with Pissorf, ofc, only guys who don't necessarily get excited about it are humans. A good regen fighting setup needs, err, setup, B2P abuse is much less demanding to execute, you just buff your health a bit and let it rip...

It's in fact very simmilar to Avatar's Codex in a sense, if you know what that is.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby vipris on Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:40 am

vipris

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons