Deadly double clicks

All things Desktop Dungeons

Deadly double clicks

Postby Weiwut on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:54 am

I have big difficulties playing this game, because I can't control the number of attacks I make. The problem is probably that, for reasons unknown, my clicks end up recogniced as double clicks. Is there some setting I'm missing to adjust the sensitivity or to prevent double clicks? The only mouse related configuration I see is to switch the attack button. Unfortunately neither left nor right works. It's strange since the mouse I'm using doesn't have any problems with other programs, but in Desktop Dungeons I experience frequent multiattacks. Needless to say, it makes the game extremely hard and erratic. :shock:
Weiwut

Re: Deadly double clicks

Postby dislekcia on Wed May 01, 2019 3:08 am

That's really strange, there's a lot of code in the game to prevent accidental double clicks (as well as Unity's standard input gating). The fact that you're getting multiple clicks with both left and right click indicate that there's something at either the driver or hardware level going on, do you have another mouse you could test with to try and rule that out?

Also, which OS are you playing on with what hardware - if it's Linux we're going to have a hard time tracking down a fix :(
dislekcia

Postby shade_of_ox on Wed May 01, 2019 6:25 am

Temporary fix, but you can try and use the keyboard controls instead. That way you won't attack anything without selecting it and pushing space bar, which should let you avoid the mouse problem.
shade_of_ox

Postby sitnaltax on Fri May 03, 2019 11:38 pm

I used to have a problem with my mouse double-clicking. (A problem many have experienced with the Logitech M570, sadly.) It was an irritation for everything except Desktop Dungeons, where it was, as you have seen, deadly.

I resolved it with a piece of software called FixMouseLMB, which looks shady but does the trick.
sitnaltax

Return to Desktop Dungeons