[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby Blovski on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:23 pm

Welp, that's the last badge on VHOS. 5 Classes to go (Vamp, Goat, Bloodmage, Thief and something elseI think). Nice to have Dwarven Gauntlets and the Fine Sword but no stunning items otherwise. Binlor into a suboptimal JJ conversion (since you need 90 piety) but the generous loadout of midlevel warlocks, punching Indomitable into Blahblah, Platemail and 65% knockback made it very doable.
Blovski

Postby Tinker on Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:49 pm

Hard to get more CHEEKY than this...

Vicious+VT L1 double bosskill without CYDSTEPP:

I was bored, and Rat really don't care whether it's VT or Vicious or whatnot. You don't even need CYDSTEPP to pull it off. Now who's adorable? :P
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Astral on Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:20 pm

Agreed that's the most cheeky you can get.
Pretty nice btw :)
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Tinker on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:46 pm

Between all the Dailies, VGT completionist runs and Rat stunt runs I've been doing lately, I wanted to do something perfectly mundane, and snatched the next Naga City PQI just because I was missing the place! :) PQI was Dwarf Wizard with Hoarder, but I picked up five other badges as well. It was really fun, in a steamrollish kind of way ;)...

http://i.imgur.com/EwEtbXB.jpg
Tinker

Postby Tinker on Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:59 pm

I went in to Rock Garden because of Darvin's recent 1-shot vengeance run kind of made me feel wanting to do something similar... ;) Plus, there has been some gossip regarding how castery & squeamish my playstyle is and I wanted to pre-empt future rumors (regardless of whether they are true or not... :D ). Attack 341 (with SPIRIT SWORD), Health 182, Mana 18:

Killed my first L9 at L3 and my first L10 at L4. The only spells I used meaningfully were CYDSTEPP and GETINDARE, though especially GETINDARE is very strong on this build, I was lucky to find it. I used the Smuggler's Den sub to have an enclosed space where I could spam LEMMISI without wasting exploration tiles, and I did so whenever I had spare mana to spend. Then just went around and bought everything from the shops. I ended up hitting 24 conversion thresholds, so that's 2400 cp I somehow hoarded up... Gotta love the Transmuter. :)
Tinker

Postby berpdreyfuss on Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:24 pm

The dailies had me playing a lot more DD than before so I decided to take on the challenges that are left. The only vicious dungeon I have played until now was Dragon Isle. And now I am here to celebrate my first Demonic Library victory! :)

I have to say the vicious dungeons are a really great experience, especially when you don't know what is coming, there is so much tension and the music is great and everything. Well done, devs!

Went in with an Elf Wizard and even ended up faithless. I don't know if I should feel a little bad because I used Pissorf for the final boss, but who cares, I will try a different approach next time.
berpdreyfuss

Postby Blovski on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:13 pm

Blovski

Postby Tinker on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:54 pm

Tinker

Postby berpdreyfuss on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:14 pm

Thanks, Blovski and Tinker! Purist + VT on normal maps sounds very interesting, I played my current kingdom mostly purist because I felt the preparations influenced the runs too much. So I tried to get as far as I could get going purist which was a good learning experience.
berpdreyfuss

Postby Tinker on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:36 pm

Tinker

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons