|This article has one or more archives. Please visit the links below to access them:|
Suggestions about this wiki
- Add hints for each puzzle/mission to give people who are stuck a push in the right direction without giving them the step-by-step solution
Suggestions for the game interface
- Make a tile selection overlay, so we can avoid misclicking a tile.
- Remove the "death/safe/victory" system. It gets too easy when you can just rely on that.(Disagree) [Maybe as an option, but not generally.]
- Add a way of turning off the custom cursor, which causes lag on some slower computers.(Seconded)
- When the game window loses focus, the mouse cursor does not get shown when you move it inside the game window again. This might be fixed by the above suggestion.
- As mentioned before, add diagonal movement for arrow keys. Right now it is possible, but not optimal to use the keys because you have to use the mouse to access certain places.
- Hotkeys: P for Pray/Pick Up/Purchase, numbers to choose between worship options, Space exits the Game Over screen.
- Delayed keypress to allow for diagonal movement without numerical keyboard.(Yes,yes,yes!)
- Please, please, PLEASE include WASD functionality. Arrow keys/mouse or just clicking around both feel awkward.
Suggestions for the Gods system
- Taurog followers get 50% HP restoration from any potion and no mana restoration.
- New boon for Glowing Guardian: +25% damage to undead.
- Increase initial piety when joining Mystera Annur.
- New boon for Earthmother: double HP regeneration.
- Give -5 max HP for joining to Dracul, but don’t increase hero level.
- I would prefer -5 max HP OR -15% to -20% max HP, whichever bigger. That way, it encourages joining early on, making for risky gameplay. In fact, all of Dracul's boon should work like that. Currently, the costs for boons are rather weak.
- Reduce piety gain for teleporting glyph when worshipping Tikki Tooki.
- a stupid one, but maybe host a contest and the winner is made a god in DD, with stats s/he decides.
- Taurog should not ban the usage of WONAFYT. (Seconded)
- Converting should be consolidated to a single slot. Having to take up a slot for each god is redundant. It should also be less expensive to convert in the first place.
- Binlor Ironshield should only grant 1.6 piety gain for wall destroying with ENDISWAL. This can be accomplished easily by giving out 8 piety gain for every 5 walls destroyed.
- Jehora Jeheyu should give better piety gain outside of WEYTWUT
- Tikki Tooki's First Strike boon needs it's cost reduced significantly. It's nowhere near as good as the Poison Strike boon. And forget about converting from Pactmaker. I'd rather have another boon.
- Each god should have their own unique altar sprite, especially since the new build is trying to be more visually informative. It would also be awesome if some character art of the god was pictured next to their list of boons.
Suggestions for the Scoring system
- Make score not dependent on time.
- For ranked matches, have it throw out any run over 15 minutes. These runs will never score high up anyway, and it makes fixing the current scoring measure unneccessary.
- Unstoppable is grossly overrated at 2000 points. You're already getting a lot of score for having killed the monsters, and this amounts to double-dipping the same activity. It's not even that hard to do; unless you're down to the wire and have no resources left, you're essentially over the hump and it's all downhill after killing the boss. Other achievements such as "Cocky, aren't you?" are significantly more difficult to pull off.
- Give us a bonus for never worshipping gods or buying items. A bad set of shops/alters can be a big handicap, and being able to abstain altogether for a score boost would be a nice equilizer.
- "Tooth and Fricken Nail" should not be earned when using death protection. This method is just too easy to perform.
Suggestions for the glyph system
- Reduce ENDISWAL mana cost by 1-4 points.
- Reduce CYDSTEPP mana cost by 1-2 points.
- CYDSTEPP is horribly overpowered; if anything it needs a cost increase of 1 to 2 points (let the Warlord use it for 10; everyone else should need a mana powerup to use this glyph)
- Reduce PISORF mana cost by 2-5 points.
- Reduce BURNDAYRAZ mana cost by 1 point.
- Make IMAWAL spawn only if there's a Earthmother altar around.
- Just grant IMAWAL upon worshipping the Earthmother, and never make it spawn in. Really it needs a secondary benefit; otherwise its only use is appeasing the Earthmother.
- Add a glyph that allows you to Scry a part of the dungeon without actually exploring it. You could make it random, but instead of random spots, it reveals a 3x3 or 4x4 somewhere around the map each use.
- An "undo" spell. You could call it "UPZIDAYZI" or something. I can't count the number of times I've made a game losing mistake just because I've misclicked. You could keep undoing until you ran out of mana, but would not be able to extend this with mana potions since you would just "undo" their usage, and obviously wouldn't be able to undo death.
- Remove the gold keep between levels. As it is pointless since one can farm gold with some good characters. (seconded; looking at you goblin + any T3 class)
- This would also allow us to "score" based on accumulated gold.
- Starting gold could be set to 50 Gold, and gold piles could give more gold (5 + lvl/2).
- Online play would be neato. Maybe Co-Op and Versus. (Disagree, I don't think that would work to well for a game like this, especially one that's meant as a coffee-break/on your Iphone, sort of thing. Perhaps what your looking for instead, is some sort of party gameplay where you get to use multiple characters. Maybe 3?)
- Settings or configuration of some sort, perhaps with options similar to other roguelikes, would be a good idea.
- Once again, carry-over gold is a pretty ineffective part of the game right now. I would suggest removing it, increase the amount of gold per pickup during dungeons, and add a carry-over stat for minimum gold and have it increase via special dungeon wins the same way maximum gold does now. Right now, gold pick ups don't matter much mid-dungeon, even if you waste quite a few, but you still want the maximum gold value to matter.
- Add "traps". Invisible to player they do damage when stepped on, if player lives & tiles have been revealed health & mana is added as normal. Trap is now visible but will still do damage each crossing. 3 types for increasing difficulty; pit,spiked pit,poisoned spiked pit. IMAWAL fills in pits removing trap. Some characters have 'detect trap' trait allowing them to see traps before stepping on them. 'detect trap' boon for earthmother. earthmother gives piety for traps removed with IMAWAL as her goats are now safe :) (this also makes imawal & earthmother more attractive)(If they considered using traps, they could also add trapdoors that forced a player into one of the new minidungeons)
- Walking over an invisible trap with a low HP character right after a tough battle and dying right then and there would be really annoying. Definitely make traps visible all the time. These would also make playing a 1st level vampire an exercise in frustration, but if visible they could act as a much-needed vampire nerf.
Suggestions for Objects / Shops
- Make health potions and vampiric items cheaper in shops.
- How much cheaper can health potions go!? They cost 12 gold.
- Add the number of health/mana restored by the potion to it's tooltip. (SECONDED) [THIRDED]
- Give Troll Heart some more benefit. The benefits it grants trickle in too slowly and are rarely meaningful even for a rogue.
- Lower the cost of Bonebreaker. 29 gold for the effect of a 2 mana glyph is a joke, especially with Band of Courage offering a the effect of a 10 mana glyph for only 20 gold.
- Give some sort of penalty to buying zombie dog. 1 GP for death protection is a ridiculously good deal.
- Remove the option for shops to sell WEYTWUT; most players would prefer to restart if they're penned in then blow 50 gold and gamble they end up somewhere useful. Sell a more interesting glyph in its place, like LEMMISI, APHEELSIK or CYDSTEPP.
- Wicked Guitar's downside is so steep it's almost never beneficial, especially at that high price point.
Suggestions for the Classes/Races
- Add a class (such as "Explorer" or "Spelunker") that semi-reveals tiles 2 spaces away from the character, showing the player what is on the tile without uncovering it.
- Number of gold gained by Tinker for killing monsters depends on monster’s level (divided by 2, rounded up).( If this was incorporated, it would probably round down instead)
- Halfling and gnome have not bonus in potion count, but bonus in potions effectiveness.(about 60% instead of 40%)
- Mana potions restore some (20-30%) health for berserkers.
- Add a race that converts glyphs to piety. (Seconded)
- Such a race really screams "restart until I get the alter I want".
- And Golbin doesn't already scream " Restart until I get the shops I want?". Honestly, when you make a characters, as long as it isn't to easy to use, the amount of restarting the player would WANT to do (not need to do) shouldn't be taken into account as long as the class is still fun.
- Increase goblin gold when converting glyphs to something like 4+level.
- So long as we can enter the dungeon with a whopping 160 gold, the goblin will never be anything more than a method to cheese gold farming.
- Do not consume blood when a blood mage with full health steps on it.(Seconded) [THIRDED]
- Add something akin to an amazon race, so that some female characters get thrown into the mix before someone inevitably asks for a female portrait of every character in the game come retail launch.
- Priest starts with either all altars on map, or choice of god from the get-go.
- Make a class that can only live for so many actions before dying
- Fighter's Pit Dog should be changed so that you have either kill 10 enemies or kill an enemy above your level to gain death protection. (Seconded)
- Thief should lose Survivor and gain the ability to steal from stores. It should be an option under buy and it works 50% of the time. Currently Stabber and Survivor make it way too easy to conserve potions, making any dungeon a breeze. Plus Survivor, it's rather unrougelike ability.(Voted down, the amount of randomness in the game should be decreased, plus, the concequence for this type of choice could make or break a game consistantly)(it would make or break the game as much as Dodge would)(An average of a handful of free hits a game vs half the items on your map potentially free are two completely different bags of candy, my friend.)
- Speaking of Survivor, Health Potions should not cure Mana Burn and Mana Potions should not cure Poison. Also cut the amount of mana Health Potions heal and vice versa.
- Survivor and Hoarder should become it's own class, the Treasure Hunter. Add the ability to see items on the map an it's a solid class
- The Thief kind of is the treasure hunter you're describing. It's just poorly named.
- Martyr should have first strike properties. Otherwise it's a joke. ( It's definitely not a joke with death protection, my friend.)(Except that it doesn't work with Death Protection either.)(My bad, you are correct, but at the same time, Martyr, as the name implies, is only useful once in a game, but when it is useful ITS REALLY USEFUL, when you are facing down a boss, it essentially does have first strike, you die, but you get credit for the kill)
- Fearless is bad on Crusaders and needs to be replaced with something better. I would suggest something similar to Berserker's Bloodlust or the ability to spawn more Attack Boosters.
- I don't remember if this was already suggested, but BURNDAYRAZ should not break Momentum
- This would make it too easy to keep momentum. It's a liability, but a fitting liability.
- Maybe casting fireball halves your current momentum? Replace the half with anything, but fireball should not be completely oppossed to the crusader's playing style(different user, btw).
- Bloodmage with Power Hungry and BLUDTUPOWA currently do not jive very well. I propose that they lose Power Hungry and gain the ability to ignore magic resistance.
- Meanwhile, Power Hungry along with the extra damaging BURNDAYRAZ ability and automatically summons BURNDARYAZ to your feet should be made into it's own class
- Automatically summoning fireball is what the wizard will essentially be in the next version, the wiz will spawn two on the map and have a weighted chance of finding one early. Remember, the wiz can kill lvl 1's without magic, so he doesn't need it immediatly, no one really does.
- Transmuter is cheap. I suggest that you only get HP when you destroy 5 walls as opposed to getting HP every time you destroy one wall.
- Just raise the cost of ENDISWALL for him. If he runs out of mana, he has to explore to keep healing. Right now, if he has sufficient mana he can almost invariably finish his target before he runs out.
- Vampires should have a higher costing BURNDARYAZ spell. Like 8 HP.
- The spell cost is about right at the 1st level, but doesn't increase fast enough towerds the higher levels.
- Maybe add a Ranger class? Comes with a glyph that deals physical damage without retaliation, but costs 8 gold instead of mana per cast. Then make it so that he deals less damage with BURNDAYRAZ?
- Building off of the above idea, perhaps there could be a class that uses gold to cast glyphs, "Mercenary" or something, but has low health and attack?
- Make a mode with several dungeon levels (except campaign) like in classic roguelike games.
- Give some gold for boss slaying.
- Make monster stats specific; a bit various for every monster. For example, a monster of type x of level y can have random HP value from 50 to 65 and random attack from 20 to 25. It will make game a bit more unpredictable and interesting.
- Linux support. (Seconded, though I guess that this is up to the guys behind Unity. Also it works decently in Wine.)
- Special Dungeon: Colliseum. This special dungeon has no reward for completion and is unlocked after winning (AND SUBMITTING) a ranked game. This dungeon allows you to create your own dungeons and put them up for download for other players, the same way you can with tilesets currently. The control you have over the dungeon is over the types and amounts of monsters appearing( by lvl, so if I want all the lvl 1's in the dungeon to be goblins, I can), but not over the labrynth layout and the unlocks the player can bring in. You can also design your own boss ( or two bosses, I suppose) based on the normal bosses, but with variable special qualities, similar to the campaign bosses. Participating in this process might unlock a new class or some other bonus. This would help introduce new players to the DD community and can prove to be an even greater challenge on top of the campaign.
- Save and view replays. The game would automatically record the player's actions and give the option to save or view it upon death or retirement. When viewing a replay, the player would only be allowed to move forward or back one action at a time and to mouse over objects for information.
- A new monster, possibly for a special dungeon, that can reflect BURNDAYRAZ damage back to the player. ( Unless it still took damage from the spell, burn would essentially be completely useless, so why not make it just plain immune to the spell? )